domingo, 28 de noviembre de 2010

My alter ego

Thinking about what to write I came across the Comic Fair of Getxo and I started to think about my favourite comics. Apart from the typical ones my favourite character was Esther. It was a comic for girls that we could read every week in the Lily magazine as well as the special numbers that were published.
I must not be the only one to remember with longing this comic as today they are publishing again all the numbers as well as a new sequel: Esther is a grown up with grown up problems as we, the readers, have grown up.
Esther comics were special because they represented the life of a teenager and I was a teenager. They werre ceated in 1971 by Purita Campos.
I enclose a video if you want to know what Esther looked like.





Here you can see more photos and the designer of Esther:


3 comentarios:

sguilana dijo...

hi, Maite! :-)

here is a new discovery, Esther and her world! :-)
Funny because the pictures definitely look familiar yet I am not sure I read anything about her...

Thanks for sharing! :-)

eli dijo...

Hi Maite!
I also loved Esther when I was a kid your blog has broght back many happy memories. Thanks!

karmele dijo...

Hello, when you saw your blog ,specially your alter ego,I remembered when I was a child, many memories came to head. I have got a 10 years daugther and she has started to read them. She doesn't like them very much. They are from another generation.